Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Thoughts on Acceptng Our Weaknesses

As humans it is in our nature to want to see ourselves as better than we really are, to not accept our flaws and weaknesses.  However, in not accepting ourselves as we truly are, weaknesses and all, we are damned.  We cannot progress if we are unwilling to admit that progression is needed.  The more humble we become and the more willing to become truly self-aware, the more the Lord can help us make our weaknesses into strengths.  I have become very intrigued with the characteristic of meekness.  I believe that this self-examination concept is the key to becoming meek.  Meekness is not weakness.  I think it is a power that comes from being totally self-aware.  You are not easily ruffled.  You are not puffed up in thinking you are better than anyone else, or even better than what you really are.  This is something I want to study out more.  I do know that we are really rejecting the atonement if we are unwilling to accept that we are flawed and need it. By accepting our imperfectness we allow the Lord to help make us better and more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment